Algae farming requires a number of conditions to be perfect, requiring samples to be taken frequently to ensure growing conditions are maintained throughout the month-long process.
Collect multiple samples
Nero can collect up to five independent samples in a single flight. This means water can be sampled from various algae ponds or areas in a single pond. Once all samples are collected, the individual sample bottles can be taken to a testing station, evaluated, and results captured – all of this in less time than sampling by hand.
Access hard-to-reach and dangerous areas
Stop personnel from sampling dangerous or hard-to-reach areas and prevent contamination. Nero removes the personnel from the equation improving workplace health and safety while lowering operating costs.
Increased sampling frequency
With Nero sampling frequency can be increased to allow for any potential issues to be picked up earlier than manual methods. Nero also allows for bottles to be swapped out after flight for faster turnaround times.
Benefits of using Nero
- Monitor mineral & carbon dioxide levels – To ensure the algae is growing healthy minerals and carbon dioxide makes up half of the requirements. Measuring the concentration of both is important and easy to do with Nero.
- Track algae sizing – Depending on its use, the size of algae matters. Quickly sampling it via Nero means its size can be monitored more often, with up to five samples taken each time to ensure the data is accurate.
- Lower sampling costs – Rather than sending out a team to take samples from various algae ponds Nero is capable of sampling up to five ponds or areas at once without any cross-contamination.
- Shorter sampling time – Sampling time is sped up, with the only setup time being to turn the drone and Nero on.
- Zero infrastructure costs – As the system is drone based there are zero infrastructure costs required by other non-mobile systems.